Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day! lol

Well, It's official. History is made in so many ways today. Two things I noticed while watching the inauguration that surprised me were these: 1.Obama quoted scripture. Are these HIS chosen words or the speech writers influence? 2. He was wearing a flag lapel pin on his jacket. Something he said he would not do. ok, now I have to tell the truth... I fell asleep during his VERY LONG speech... and I was busy getting Zach off to school to watch it from the beginning, so I'm wondering... did he sing the National Anthem? Speaking of Zach, my 7 year old... he was very impressed by the whole thing today. All the kids watched it in their schools, and Zach had a few questions and was able to tell me a lot about what he learned. I'm impressed!
OK, I did take a photo this morning. I tried to get a photo of the sunrise glistening on the frozen dew covered lawn. It did NOT look as pretty in the photo. The sun was just a huge orange circle and you couldn't see the sparkly grass. :( BUT! I did finish a LO! I'm applying in a CT(Creative Team)Member call for SweetBlossomDesigns. I already have done 1 LO with her product and she wants 3, so I completed another one today. The photo is of Tyler and Zach in front of Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach when we went there for the day with our friends The Cookman's in July of '07. The wind that day was HORRIBLE! And very COLD!(Typical of the Oregon Coast, actually.) But it did not stop the boys from going right into the water. Crazy Children! LOL Here's my LO:
Igot the template for this LO from PixelGypsy. It's a freebie from their January Designer Template Challenge. Go check them out. They have some BEAUTIFUL products.
I am also applying in another CT Member Call for Sunshine Studio Scraps. I am very excited to hear back from her. I've never been a CT Member before, but I know I would LOVE it! So much fun! Basically you get the newest kits by selected designers before the kits are available to the public. You make the required amount of LOs and post them in the designated Galleries and blogs as well as your own gallery and blog to help advertise for the designer. Just the idea of it tickles me. So pray for me, wish me luck, send good vibes... whatever it takes! ;)I'll let you know how it goes.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get a good POTD to share... until then, c'ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment