Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hello :)

This is the last week of the DSA Scrap-off 2010. We didn't get any new mini-kits this week, but we did get to use anything and everything out of all the kits we've received in the previous weeks. I got busy and got my page done early this week and really love the way it came out, but I'm not sure it's "good" enough to submit as my last page. Like I said, I really love it, but I know I can do and have done better. So, I posted it in the gallery, but I haven't officially linked it as my last page yet. Here's a look, let me know what you think:

If I find some time I'm going to scan in an old photo and see if I can't come up with something spectacular. hehe. But, I do love the way the colors from the kits worked so well with our school colors of Maroon and Gold. Go Vikings!

I also found another challenge over at 'My Life And Scrap' that caught my attention. It's a Project 52 challenge, but it's called "My Life IN Scrap". Each week they give you a different prompt for your page, and they are all about yourself. This weeks was 'Your Home Town'. I had to jump at this one. I even went as far as "scrap-lifting" our own city's website for inspiration! lol Recently I've been completely fascinated by the history surrounding my home town. I can get caught up following one link after another all over the web reading for hours about how Forest Grove began, and who some of the first settlers were in this area. We still have several Historical homes and buildings in the area and I would love to visit them and see just how they've worked at restoring them to their original beauty.
Anyway, here is my page:

I used a beautiful new kit by Alexis Designs, called "Cappuccino". It's a beautiful kit full of unique elements. It would be perfect for scrapping heirloom photos.

That's it for tonight. Thanks for visiting me again in my little corner of the world. :) Good night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment