Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just for my lil' brother ;)

I did a layout today with one of the many pics my brother and his fiance send me via pic messaging on our phones. I haven't tried using one of the photos until now because they are always so dark. The lighting is just real bad on phone pics. But this one didn't look too bad, so I decided to give it a try. I played with the lighting and coloring in my photo editing software and it came out pretty nice, I think!
I got the kit and template from Plain Digital Wrapper. They are having a "Wrap Star" Contest (lol, get it? wRap Star? :P) for the next 4 weeks, similar to the one I just completed over at Digi Scrap Addicts. (Which by the way, I was not too impressed by. I'll share more of that in a minute.)PDW provided an adorable kit called "FreeFall" by Southern Creek Designs and a template by Scraps of Candy. I had to use them both in my layout for this week. Here is the page I came up with , called "Bright & Shining Star":

That is the beautiful little Miss Khloe. She is 3 months old now and growing like a weed! Word is, she has gotten quite chunky since I've seen her last ;) And I can see it from the photos!

Sunshine Studio Scraps now has their February Grab Bag available in the store. You have GOT to check it out! It's only $3 during the month of Feb., but will go up to $6 come March 1st. It is PACKED with amazing product! Here is the preview, and it's linked to the store:

I made 2 pages with it already, but they are very similar. I made one and then realized there was a photo treatment action in there, so I got instructions on how to use it and had to make another page, which I am COMPLETELY IN LOVE with!Here are the pages, in order of completion:
#1.

#2.
See what I mean? I love it!

Ok, here's the scoop on DSA's Scrap-off. I do not want to come off as ungrateful, or bitter, I just need to let it be known that the scoring over there was WAY messed up. I think they needed to have more than one person running the show. I know they had several voters, but as far as I understand there was only one person keeping track of all the scores. And it was sadly lacking. Every week several people were left off the list completely. I was one of them on the last weeks judging. But the thing that really pushed it for me was the fact that my very good friend, CaroB71 was right there among the winners in regards to points, but she was completely missed on being put in the winners list! They just didn't even see her! After having to PM the gal that was doing the scores, she was offered a 3 month guest position, but the whole professionalism of the contest was so ridiculously lacking... it just didn't sit right with either one of us. :( Live and learn! I will not be back for their next scrap-off. Said and done!

And with that, I wish you a very good night and a beautiful day in the morning!

XOXO, Krista

0 comments:

Post a Comment