Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another new beginning...

It's time to restart my Scrap Ticker. I have kept track all of 2009 of how many layouts I got done, over in the right hand side-bar. Well, I originally started out counting up to meet my goal of 100 pages in the year, which I thought was a very high aspiration for myself. But I was pleasantly surprised when not only did I meet it, but exceeded it! I created 129 pages in 2009! And I am so happy about that. I love to be able to go back and see how everyone has changed, what we did through the year, and how my scrapping style has changed and progressed. Yes, I 've always had pictures, but they all just sat in my computer and nobody ever saw them unless they happen to catch them running through my screensaver. Now I have them prettied up, printed out and in my album for everyone to share. I love that! So... I will restart my ticker. I don't know that I really have a goal for myself this year other than to beat last years ;)
And here is my first page of 2010! I didn't take any pictures on New Year's Eve, we were too busy having a great time. But I did want to remember that, so I made this page. "New Year's Eve 2010"
I was inspired to make this page from a challenge over at Scrap Matters. It was an Inspiration Point Challenge and they had chosen a movie poster as our inspiration. I loved the blockiness of the poster, so that's what I used to make my own template. Then I used "It's Gonna Be A Happy New Year" Collab by Jennifer Barrette and WM Squared, found here. I LOVE this kit! Full of pink, grey and black, adorable elements, and beautiful papers!

Now, I do NOT make resolutions, because I have NEVER been able to keep one. But there are a few changes that I would like to implement in my life and now is as good of time as any.
I want to find a better way to keep myself more organized this year, scrapbooking-wise. I always find myself scrambling to figure out what I need to get done, what I have done, and where everything is. So, I have made myself a spreadsheet on excel and printed it out so that I can keep better track of what I'm doing. This is what I made:
If I need to make any changes or adjustments to it I can easily enough, but at least I have everything on one page. I have a tendency to write myself little notes on post-its and then lose them or have a hard time remembering what I was trying to remind myself of in the first place. I'm hoping this will be a huge help for me.
I also am going to try again this year to do either Project 365, 52, or 12, I haven't committed myself to any one just yet. I think as soon as I feel like it's a "have-to" is when it's not so fun anymore and I stop it all together. So for now, I plan to take a photo a day and see where I go from there. Last years attempt only lasted a couple of weeks. I'm determined to do better this year. There are so many sites taking this on as a challenge with random freebies to help along the way, that I feel like I have a better chance of sticking with it this year... Only time will tell. :P But, I have taken a photo both days so far! Hehe Last year I showed them to you each day, but I din't think I'll do that this time. I feel like if I keep them to myself I'm more likely to scrap them at the end of the week, or month, which ever I choose. So, you'll just have to keep watching to see what happens! Until then... God bless and C'ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment