Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm still here!

Sorry! I'm falling behind again. But I'm back and now I can share with you the page I mentioned last time.
I used a new kit by Brandy Designs called "Hot Cocoa". I love this kit! I love the color combo, and it is full of unique elements and richly textured papers. The template is by WM [squared] for the 12/29/09 template Challenge at Scrap Matters. The alpha is "Another Day, Another Alpha"' by Allison Pennington. And the font I used is Pea Summer Sweetness. Here is my sweet niece, Toni, in "Cozy":


My next page was done for the Digi Scrap Addicts 2010 Scrap-Off Challenge. I didn't start out trying for a 2-pager, but that's what I ended up with. And I'm really pleased with how they turned out. One really cool thing about this challenge is that each week, the mini-kits they give us to work with are all the same color scheme. That way we can mix and match and have lots to work with. The hard part about that is that it's not a color combo I would usually choose to work with. But that's what makes it more of a challenge for me. The hardest part for me is trying to find photos that will work with the color combo.
Being the start of the new year I'm seeing all these pages of Resolutions and goals. I've also seen lots of wedding pages in the galleries and I wanted so badly to do a page of our wedding. So I decided to combine the 2 with a wish of mine for our 15th Wedding Anniversary, which is this July 15th. Unfortunately, we don't have any wedding photos that are frame worthy, and we were not given the photos on a disc, so I don't have any way of getting them onto my computer, either. This led me to pulling out my wedding gown and taking some photos of it. I think they turned out quite nicely :) I titled these pages "New Beginning":
Here are both pages together:

And a closer view of each page:


We are now into week 2, so I'll be back to share the next one when I complete it. :)

For my next page, I got to work with an adorable kit by GET Designs. The kit is called "Backyard Explorer". It's a perfect kit for your little explorers, the ones who like to put creepy crawlies in their pockets. lol I love the papers and it 's got some cute little unique elements. The alpha is "DSP_Definitively Defined Alpha". And the font is Pea Dalovely Damanda. Here is "Family Tree":

I LOVE this photo. I have been waiting for the perfect kit to scrap it, and I think this one compliments it perfectly. I took this photo in September of 2008 in a park around the corner from where we live. Those are my 5 children and my niece, Tisha, who is my 6th child :)

Ok, last one tonight. For this page I used the January Designers Collab from Sunshine Studio Scraps, called "Bubblegum Fun". This kit is SO much fun! The colors and the elements... You can use it for SO many different types of layouts. This page was done for a scrap lift Challenge, also at SUN. We lifted a page by a friend of mine, CaroB71. You can find her page here. And here is my take on it, "Silly Girl":
That photo cracks me up! That is my niece, Natalie, taken at another nieces birthday party. I asked her to say cheese and she cocks her little head to the side and posed for me instead. Hehe.

As for my photo of the day... I have been dong very well at keeping up! I haven't missed a day yet. I also haven't scrapped them yet. lol. That is on my to-do list, along with Scrap-off week 2, a page for GET Designs, Brandy Designs, and SUN. I'll be back to share soon. Until then... God bless you and goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment