Saturday, June 27, 2009

New layouts...

Well, it has been a busy month, but I have found time here and there to scrap some great memories. That one thing that I LOVE about digital scrapbooking. When I paper scrapped I could never walk away from a project half done and come back later to find it just as I left it. But with digital, it's a completely different story. And I love it!
This first page is one of a great day. On Memorial Day we went hiking with our good friends, The Cookman's. We went out on some trails around Hagg Lake. I didn't even realize those trails were there and I've lived here my whole life! lol. It was a beautiful day and we were happy we had made the decision to get out there and start early, because it heated up pretty quickly just as we were just finishing up. Here is "Hiking Hagg Lake '09":
Everything I used for this lo is from the new kit by Chris Greiser called "Lazy Days". You can find it here.
My last one for this month is called "Reading in the Shade". I took these great pictures of Zach out reading a book from his favorite book series, "Magic Tree House", under the shade of a tree that borders our yard and our neighbors. It's a special tree to all of us, as it memorializes the passing of our neighbors little girl CC, so we call it CC's tree. Anyway, I'm not real impressed by this layout, as I was running out of time and had to get one more done to fulfill my CT requirement. I also need to choose a designer I had never chosen before, and I also tried a new photo technique, which I'm not sure I like on these photos. The whole thing turned out too dark for my taste, so I'm sure I'm going to have to have another go at it sooner or later. But here is my first run with it:
Everything I used in this layout is from "Elder Library" by Moon Scraps, also found here.

And now I'm ready to close out another month and start all over again, lol. I'm looking forward to the 4th of July. We will be doing the CAT walk again this year and we're hoping to go to the St. Paul Rodeo as well. I'm very excited!
So, good night for now, until next... c'ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment