Thursday, October 1, 2009

On a roll...

Last night I actually sat here and got 2 layouts done, back to back! And I am so happy with both of them. I think they turned out really well. One thing that really helped me was to have found 2 awesome templates! I love surfing all my digiscrappin' friends blogs and finding all the treasures they create for us.

My first layout has been in the plans for a while now. I got an adorable kit from Kristin Aagard called "Grade School" over at ShabbyPickleDesigns.com that I knew I was going to use to scrap Zach's first day back to school. But the page just wasn't falling into place very easily. Then last night I went to a site I haven't been to in a while, called PepppermintCreative.com. I forgot how much I loved their "Pimp My Page Challenge". They have some AMAZING templates, for FREE! So I downloaded that and put it together with my kit and, voila', Zach's 1st Day '09:
Man, he's growing up so fast! Literally! We just bought their school clothes the week before school started and his pants are already high-waters on him! How can we keep up with that!? lol

My second page was another one that's always been in the back of my mind. The pictures anyway. One day luring the summer when I was babysitting my sisters girls we spent the afternoon playing out on the porch with the sidewalk chalk. That was something new to Toni. I think she got as much chalk on herself as she did on the ground!
Well, I found a new site to play on last night. The owner is a designer selling her stuff in the SUN. So I decided to mozy on over and check out her site. Well, she actually has a forum where she hosts her own challenges and such. FUN! I found a great template there as well! If you go to her site at http://www.shanmomto4designs.com/ and sign up for her newsletter you'll even get one of her kits for free! You can not beat free! I LOVE it! Anyway, here's my page "Playing with the Chalk":
I actually used a combination of 2 kits, both by Michelle Coleman. They are "Wild Sorbet" and "Bohemian Summer". I got them from LittleDreamerDesigns.com, but they are no longer there. :( But she has a LOT of beautiful kits in her shop. Go take a look!
I actually got some cute pics of Kaila on the same day I took these 2 that maybe I'll scrap as a 2nd page to this one. I'll just have to find that elusive perfect template! LMBO!

I hope you liked my pages. With the start of a new month (Where on earth did September go???) I'll be busy, busy, busy over in the SUN. This month I have added to my duties. I'll be hosting a Template Challenge, a Scraplift Challenge, and a Lyric Challenge, as well as posting to their blog several times. I'm so excited!
Oh! I also replied to a CT call for PolkaDotPlum.com. And inquired about a position at GETDesigns.com. I will definitely be keeping you posted on those! But for now, I must go to bed. I get my little cutie Toni again tomorrow morning. Then it's the weekend! Yeah Baby! So, until I have something new... C'ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment