Monday, October 5, 2009

Ahhh, A fresh new face

Well, as you can see, I finally got my new background done. I have tried working with several different kits, but always hit a wall for whatever reason. Then I found this kit from LittleDreamerDesigns. It's called "Autumn Sky" by Lisa Sisneros, and I LOVE it! It's fall, but not overloaded with bright pumpkin orange. I hate orange. This kit feels like our fall here in the Pacific Northwest lately. Yes, the leaves are changing, but we still see the blue overcast sky. It's getting chilly, so don't forget your sweater. ;)

Anyway, that isn't the only thing I've been busy doing. Not by a long shot!
First of all, my hubby went away this year for the first time hunting with the guys from church. I was really excited about him getting to go, maybe even more excited than he was. But, what I didn't expect was how much I was going to miss him! By the night of the first day he had left I was a mess! I had to sit down and scrap him a page letting him know how much he means to me. So this first page is called "My Everything":

I made this using "Simply Fresh" by Karen Wallace at DigitalScrapGarden. Making this helped, but I didn't really feel any better until he called me later that same night! That was unexpected because there was no cell service where they went. But I was sure glad to hear from him.

My next one was from my very first Speed Scrap Challenge! Ellandriel hosted the challenge at SunshineStudioScraps, gave us all our directions and here's what I came up with, "My New 'Do":

The kit I used is called "Neopolitan Taffy" by Dani's Delusions at SUN. I used the same picture I showed you a few weeks ago went I had it done. I had to scrap it, nobody believed I would do it, and I like it, so it's something I want to remember.

Next is my first CT page requirement for this month and my page for the Template Challenge for Oct. 1. I used a beautiful kit called "Seriously" by Craft-tastrophic. The template was made by Jeneva4u, all at the SUN. The photos were taken back in July at my nephew, Noah's, birthday party. Here is "Canada Goose":


And my last one was made for another challenge at SUN. This one is the Monthly Layout Contest. Each week you get a 1/4 of that months kit, and then you have to make a LO with only the pieces you get as you go along. The kit is called "Fall's Whisper" by The Wonder Girls. And the template is from Pam Marotz. The photo I used is from last Halloween. It is my beautiful niece, Akaila. Here is "Fall Fairy":
I hope you enjoyed my scrappin' mania as much as I did, lmbo. BTW, at the beginning of the year I put a little ticker on the right side of myblog, keeping track of how many pages I get done in 2009. My goal was to get 100 done. Check it out, I'm at 83! And I still have 3 months left! I may exceed my goal! That would be awesome! I've got lots of challenges I want to get done this month, so I'm sure it won't be long before I'm back again to share some more. Until then...C'ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment