Saturday, October 10, 2009

Catch up time...


Sorry I've not been keeping up this week. I've been doing a LOT of Scrap Therapy. BUT! My honey is finally on his way home! YAY! I have missed him terribly this whole week! But I am happy now, because I will see him very soon. Of course, Tyler to. It's been strangely quiet around here with him gone, lol. I'm very much looking forward to them both being back.

So, let's get ya caught up on what I've been doing...
First, I found my most favorite kit yet! It's called "Country Princess" by mimi's digiscraps. It's full of pinks and browns, which is FAV color combo, AND it's country. I've always wanted a horse! The alpha is from "Neapolitan Taffy" by Dani's Delusions. And the template is from Trixie Scraps out of the "Essence Collab". All found in the SUN! The photo is of my niece, Akaila, on my brother-in-laws horse and another niece, Kayla, leading it. Here is "Horsin' Around":

I love this next one! I have an old picture of my Mom when she was about 3 years old. It's the cutest photo! I scanned it a long time ago, but have never anything with it, until now. I'd like to think I was jst waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it, and this was definitely it! I did this page for a Speed Scrap over at Elemental Scraps. The kit is "Back To Basics" Collab from Elemental Scraps. The alpha is from the Nov. Mega DDD by CAZ. And the template is by Laurie's Scraps from Ahhh Scrap Blog Train. Here is "Precious Girl":


I did my next page in a Speed Scrap at DesignsInDigital. The template was provided for the challenge by Tiger Lily's Digis. The kit is 'Boys Rule' by Scrap Berry Designs at Scrapable. I liked that I was able to use several of my photos of Cody in this one, but I plan to do pages highlighting each of them better. Here is "One Awesome Kid!":

My next page was done for a Scraplift Challenge at the SUN. You can find the page by Theresa that we were lifting here. But I also drew inspirations from this page by Caro here. I absolutely LOVE this photo of Charles and Zach, so I am thrilled that I was able to showcase it this way. The kit is 'Beachy Treasures' by Joanne Bain Designs found at PickleBerryPop. It is a gorgeous kit! Here is "Seaside Moments":
Here is a second page I just did for this one in a Speed Scrap in the SUN, using the same kit as above.
Here's one I did for an "All About Me" Challenge over at ElementalScraps. We had to scrap something that we can't go a day with out, LOL. Me? I can't go a day without my computer!
The kit is 'Cherish Friends' by Ramona the Pest Designs. The template was a freebie by ChrissyW. (I LOVE her templates!) Here is "My Daily Obsession":
And this last one is one I've been wanting to do for quite a while. I found a condensed version of President Obama's Speech To America's Schoolchildren on someone's blog (I can't remember where) and was actually really impressed by his words. I'm not a huge fan of his, so I wasn't to excited at the idea of him speaking directly to all of our kids, but like I said, I was impressed. Since finding this condensed version I have now read the entire speech and was even more impressed. He did a good job! (or at least his speech writers did, lol) Anyway, Searching through my digi stash I found this kit that I did not even know I had (which isn't really surprising :P) called "Inauguration" by DigitalFingers at eidou (which has since shut down, sorry). I got the white bow from 'Boom Boom Pow" by Penny's Creative Team at SweetShoppeDesigns. Here is "Obama's Speech To Students '09":

Whew! That is it! I told you I have been scrappin' like crazy this week. I really needed someething to pass the time waiting for my hubby to return. But in the time since I started this post, he has returned! YAY!!! So, I'm off now, to spend a little quality time with him. ;) I will be back when I have something new to share with you! Until then... C'ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment