Friday, May 8, 2009

Isn't it pretty?

Hehe! Well, I never did figure out how to do my own BG up on my blog. But why worry too much when we have the Amazingly talented Allie Brown doing the hard stuff for us? And she is so gracious to let us use them for free! You NEED to go check her out. You'll find something you love, I promise!

So, I just found a LO that I made back in April that I didnt realize I had never shared. I used a technique called 'extracting' to cut my son out of the original messy background photo and placed him into this serene LO. This is Tyler when he was really little, somewhere around 1 1/2 I'd guess. I found this poem online and knew I had to use it on a LO of Tyler. Well, any of my kids really. They all grow up SO fast! Don't they? Mkakes me wish God had a special video recorder that we Mom's could have the privelege of going back to when we need a little reminder of how precious they once were. LOL! Tyler is 17 and male! I hope you'll understand. Hahaha!Anyway, here it is: Everything I used is from 'Sapphires and Faded Jeans' by Nicole Young. I absolutely LOVE her stuff. Just awesome!

Ok, here's the first one I've finished this month at SUN. It's a photo of my Papa Doug. The journaling says: "In 2005 Papa asked us if we would like to walk with him in the CAT Walk. We had no idea what that was. Papa explained to us that it was to raise Cancer Awareness and Treatment. The walk is a 5k and all the proceeds stay here in the Hillsboro area, which is important to us because Papa recieves his treatment at Tuality Hematology & Oncology in Hillsboro.
Papa, Charles & I and all our kids, Debbie, Tisha, & Akaila all walked that first year. It has now become an annual family tradition. One that we will gladly carry on for years to come. ". This year will be our 5th year participating. Everything I used is from the kit 'Freedom Rocks' by Sherri Tierney at SUN.

Well, my computer must getting tired, too. It's really starting to drag tonight. So, I guess I'll take it as a hint and go to bed, too. I hope your enjoyed my LOs tonight! I'll be back with more soon. I just remembered I haven't updated you on my cards for the "His Holy Name Challenge" over at FaithSisters.com. I probably won't be back this weekend, since we are going to be so busy, but I'll proboably be back on Monday to update y'all! Until then... c'ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment