Monday, January 24, 2011

Time to make a card...

I have been so busy with life that I haven't had a chance to make any new cards lately. But today that had to change. As you may or may not already know we have recently moved my Grandparents in to our house. I feel SO blessed that we can do this for them, but at the same time, I never realized how much work it would be. As my hubby said the other day, "Who knew raising Grandparents was so exhausting!" :) Hehe God bless him! He has his hands so full. I don't know how he keeps going.
Anyway, today one of Grandma's friends from church came out to sit with her while I caught up on some much needed rest. Oh my, how I appreciated that! So, I wanted to make her a card to show  my appreciation!
I followed a sketch posted at Paper Craft Planet, you can find the challenge here. You can see that my card resembles the sketch, but I felt a little creative so I changed it up just a bit and I LOVE the result. I hope our friend will too! Here is my card and the sketch:

I also made an inside to match, but it has my personal note to her, so I won't share that. But I do love for the inside of my cards to match my outsides. Just one of my "things", lol.

The kit I used is by Ellie Lash. It isn't available yet (one of the fabulous perks of being on her CT!), but keep watching my blog and I will let you know when and where you can get it! Believe me, it's Bloomin' Beautiful! ;)

Well, Monday's over and a new day is beginning! I hope it's a great one for you all!


2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Krista - this is an outstanding "thank you" card and I'm sure your Grandparent's friend will be so touched by your kindness. God bless you for what you are doing for your grandparents. I remember how much work it was for my Mom when we had my Great-Grandmother living with us, but also what a blessing it was to have her in our home, and the times that we spent together. I hope you gain several similar memories from this time with them.

Thanks again for playing along with the challenge...your card is wonderful!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Hey Krista...did you see where this card was Blog Spotted on the PCP blog? www.papercraftplanet.net Visit the blog to pick up your special Blog Spotting Badge. Nice job!

Post a Comment