Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I got an Award?!

Yes! How cool is that? Alright, I'll start from the beginning...
So, the day after I posted my last entry I lost my internet connection. (GRR! Stupid money!) Since I didn't have internet access for a few days I decided it would be a good time to sit and get a couple more cards made for my family and friends. (I'll share those in a minute) Needless to say, our friend who received the last card I shared really liked it. That makes me so happy! I feel like I give a little piece of my heart out with each card. <3 But what's really cool is, when I get my connection back, there is a comment under that post letting me know that my card was spotted by the Paper Craft Planet Blog! It was highlighted with 3 other beautiful cards/gifts. I am SO honored! See it here. Now if only I can figure out how to put the little award on my own blog, lol!!

So, you want to see the other cards I've made this weekend? Alright. I love sharing ;)

I made this one for a dear friend, who I actually met through my Grandma. She is the sweetest person I know!! I just love her. Here is Caryn's card:

 And the inside, which covers the entire inside of a 5x7 card:

The kit I used is "Pinky Swear" by Ellie Lash. I made the template based on a sketch from Karen Giron at  Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #101. Here is the layered template if you would like to make your own card. Obviously, I rotated it to make my card ;) (image is linked)


This is one I made for my Poor Grandpa, who is going through a tough time lately. He just spent from Wednesday through Sunday in the hospital again.

And the inside, again it fills the whole inside:

For this one I used Ellie's kit "Happy To Be". I just love the warm colors of this kit. And my template for this one was based on a sketch by Arlana Patten at Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge #86. Again, I played and flipped this one a little, too.Here is my layered template. (image is linked)
And, one last one. This is one for anyone who just needs a little pick me up ;)

And the inside: 

For this card I used a kit by Loreta Labarca Designs called "Fabulous Girl".  And my template is based of  another sketch by Karen Giron at Sweet Sketch Sunday Challenge #96. She makes the most fabulous sketches! I love 'em!
Here is my layered version:

Well, I hope you enjoyed my cards, and I would LOVE to see what you can create from my templates! Leave me a comment and maybe a link to your creations below! I LOVE hearing from you!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment