Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Well, we've had a beautiful beginning to this week. Sunshine and warmer weather. It's been SO nice! I'm really hoping it will stick around the rest of this week and through the weekend. I am in serious need of some sun therapy! ;)

Fortunately, I've been able to spend a little more time in Scrap therapy! hehe And want to share my newest pages with you.
First up, I have "Peanut"! Peanut is Cody's Dwarf Hamster. She is the tiniest, cutest, fastest little hamster I have ever seen! She is so fast, in fact, that it is really hard to get a good picture of her! The photos in the layout are from my Mom 's camera phone, so they aren't the greatest, but you can see how adorable she is ;)
Kit - "Petshop - Little Fuzzies" & "Detour" by Ellie Lash.
Template - "Strips and Stitches" by Pixie Keepsakes.
Fonts - Cafe Rojo and Arabic Typesetting.

With Easter coming, there are so many cute Easter kits available right now! I love Ellie's kit "Sweet Eggscape". It's a collab with Marshamella and Daphadilly Art. Now, we've never really gotten into the egg dying and hiding much. We did some when the older kids were young, but as they got older we focused more on the real reason for the holiday. Besides, I was never any fun to dye eggs with, I was always so nervous about spills and making messes :( Bad Mommy!  But I can proudly say, my children know why we celebrate Easter, and it has nothing to do with chocolate, bunny rabbits, or colored eggs. That being said, I did find a photo from 2007 when we made a special exception. We had the whole family over and all the kids dyed and hunted for eggs together, even the older ones. Here is my page, "I Found It!"
Kit & Template - "Sweet Eggscape" Collab by Ellie Lash, Marshmella Designs, and Daphadilly Art.
Alpha - "Eieio" by Ellie Lash.

"Finally..." is the name of my next page. These photos were taken when Charles and I finally got to go on our Honeymoon... 15 years after we were married! I love how this page turned out! Every time I look at this page I will remember the special time we spent together.
Kit - "Seaglass" by Litabells Designs.
Templates - "Flower Shop Templates" by PhotoCowGirl.
Fonts - sfLani, sfTwelveAgain and Problem Secretary. 

And lastly, I did a 2-pager. I absolutely love these photos of Cody. Everyday pics that show him just being himself. A silly grin, trying to ignore me, getting annoyed with me... lol. And his happy self. I love his smile! He's got one of those smiles that twinkles in his eyes. Here is "The Many Faces of Cody":
page 1
 Kit - "Denim Crush"  by Photocowgirl.
Template by Wendyzine Scraps.
and page 2
Kit - "Denim Crush"  by Photocowgirl.
Fonts - Angelina Script and Problem Secretary.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you liked my pages! Have a blessed day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment