Thursday, November 11, 2010

Going back to my roots...

Well, in paper crafting anyway. ;)
When I used to scrapbook traditionally, I used to use my paper scraps for card making. And I Loved it! Then I found digital scrapbooking and started making my own card templates on my computer and making my cards digitally. Well, I haven't done any card making for quite some time and I've really been missing it! Especially whenever someone I love has a birthday, because that was my little way of showing them how much I love them. So... I've been surfing the net looking for ways to get back into card making again and I have found so many amazing sites! I would LOVE to be able to get into stamping, but then I'd have to get the special markers for coloring them in and yada, yada, yada... it's just too expensive. But I have found several amazing artist that make the most adorable digital stamps and sometimes give away freebies! Whoo hoo! I've just struck jackpot! Lol

I want to share a few of the sites I've found so far. Take a look:

1. Free Digital Stamps - This gal blogs everyday about new freebies that are out there for the taking. I love that!

2. MelJen's Designs - She gives away a digital freebie each Monday, and I love her style! So cute!

3. Mo's Digital Pencil - Her style is so adorable!!

4. My Scrap Chick - This gals paper piecing is stunning, and so cute!

I've also found tons of challenge sites and some great tutorial sites to get me back on track and learn new things, which I love!

Tonight I made a card using the sketch from Challenge #128 at SketchSaturday, and Ellie Lash's kit "A Sweet Day". Take a look:
Not nearly as beautiful as the others listed on their site, but it's my first, lol. I'm going to try and print it out in peices and put it together, something I've not done before. So we'll see how it turns out! I'll post another image if it's worthy, lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment