Friday, December 10, 2010

Warm Memory

I was going through my photos from last Christmas and one in particular just jumped out at me. It's one of my Brother-in-law, Jason, reading to his daughter, my niece, Jenna. She had just got the book for Christmas and he was just reading it to her. No biggie. But, what makes this photo extra special is the fact that Jason suddenly lost all his vision this last year. I know there is a medical reason, but I'm not clear on all of it. All I know is he was fine last year at this time, and now he can't see a thing. I can not even begin to imagine what that must be like for him. And not only for him, but for my sister, Missy, and my nephew and niece, Noah and Jenna. And he's young! Only 42, same age as my hubby. That's so scary to me. What a life altering situation! My sister had just learned how to drive before getting the news that he was losing his vision. What a blessing that was!

I just want my sister to know how very much I admire her for her strength and courage this past year. I wish she lived closer so I could've been/can be more of a help. But I am so proud of her. And of Jason, of course. They've been brave and taken things as they come and keep moving forward. But still, my heart aches for Jason. I can't imagine how I would cope.

I made this page for Missy and Jason. I hope the memory brings them joy.

You can get this page as a QP freebie on Ellie Lash's blog here. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

man I didn't even know you put this up I read it and started to get tears.Thank you so much for sharing your word and the picture it means alot to me.And hearing things like this incourages me to keep going Love ya sis!! Melissa

Post a Comment